This section is intended for those Digital Photographers in the audience.
I now shoot RAW+JPEG images, and once stored on the computer, they are processed in the following way:
First, the RAW file is opened with Nikon Capture. As necessary, changes are made in the following areas: Exposure Comp., Tone Comp.,and White Balance. At this point, the file is transfered to Photoshop as a 16 bit file.
In Photoshop, the following steps are taken:
By necessity, this is a very simplified discussion. So,I would be happy to try and answer any specific questions you may have about this workflow.
- Noise Reduction using Nik Dfine plug-in filter.
- Threshold point defintion to remove any color cast (if present).
- Curves Adjustment.
- Add warmth to image using Nik Color Effects Skylight filter
- Other color enhancements (as necessary)
- Save changes to image as a PSD (Photoshop) file.
- Re-size the image.
- Sharpen the image using Nik Pro Sharpener plug-in.
Much of this process was adapted from Moose Peterson and Vincent Versace's (see the links) approach. Many thanks go to them for sharing their expertise!